Monday, October 22, 2007

Prayers for someone just like Briana.

Sometimes, when I want to test God, (I don't recommend testing God) but sometimes I do. I go to bed without setting my alarm. I pray and ask God to awaken me at a specific time. An odd specific time. Something that my body is not used to. I can honestly say, every time I have done this, God has shown Himself faithful. I always awaken 1 minute prior to the time I prayed for. One minute. I find it fascinating that God even answers our stupid little requests. Now when he answers a big request, something that one has been praying for, for a really long time. Then one gets to be blown away.

Today, I am announcing, that my son is in love. Yep, the "L" word. Smitten, head over heels in love. A father can only hope that his children grow to be productive adults and find a mate that will make his children better together, than they were alone. I have been blessed once by my Daughter finding Jonathan. Now I am doubly blessed, for Jason has found Briana, and this is where the answer to prayer part comes in.

We moved to New York in about 1995 and started going to a small country church in Burnt Hills, NY. The church had about 60-70 people. We met this family, Dale and Dixie King and his four blond daughters. I ended up as the youth (teen) pastor at this church and developed a very close relationship with this family. Briana and her sister Heather were always two of my favorites. Their inquisitiveness and desire to please God. The fact that they honored their parents and honored me as their Teacher. Heather even lived with my wife and I during a time in her life.

Here is where the prayer part comes in. From the time Briana was about 15 or 16, I prayed that my Son could find a girl or young women that was like her. Someone that was strong, smart and amazing. My son was a mess, living "La Vida Loca", but I kept praying for him and that someday he would find someone like Briana.

Fast forward 6 or 7 years and OH MY GOSH. My son has his act together, he is working like crazy, back in school and making plans for the future and he has found someone just like Briana. In fact, he found Briana. I could not be more pleased. It truly is amazing to see what God does when you go to Him humbly in prayer. Lord, I thank you for answering prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable and it keeps NO record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice, but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

I love Jason Ranes...

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

I'm encouraged!
Keep believing God & keep praying.
Thx 4 sharing :-)