Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I Know She is Hot, But Can She Cook?

A Treatise on Relationships by a Regular Guy.

Introduction

This is not a sexist book. I repeat, I am not a sexist and this is not a sexist book. There, I got that out of the way.

I am a regular guy. I do normal things. I am not pretty and I have never written a book. Therefore, if you do not want to read about relationships from a regular, normal guy, who is not pretty and has never written a book, this is where you should stop.

I was married to my wife on October 28, 1978. In todays marriage metrics, I have been married a long time. Married once and only once. I married my wife when I was the ripe old age of eighteen, plus seven days. At my wedding, I had immediate family members taking wagers against the blessed union lasting until October 28, 1979. My best man was recommending a quick trip to Tijuana, rather that the trip upstairs to the altar. I had two children by the time I was twenty, I had family members die within a couple of years of my wedding. I and my wife had to sometimes live with our parents and that lack of privacy. I had no money, and no education to make money. I experienced all the challanges that could tear a marriage apart. Yet, on October 28, 2006, I and my wife will celebrate 28 years of marriage. I have been married a long time.

I know how I made my relationship last, and I believe it will last forever.

There will be no real science in this treatise. Just science according to me. Hopefully, you will find pieces and parts that touch your heart. Some you may find humourous, some you may not. Some you may agree with and much you may not. All I know, is it has worked for this regular guy. I know I do not have a blueprint to that perfect relationship. I like to think of it as more a stack of post-its, or hand written notes on napkins that just seem to make sense. I hope and pray, that you may pick up one those napkins or post-it notes or even two and that it has the same positive effect on your relationship as it has had on mine.

I will be writing this book over several months, posting it online as it develops in my mind. I would appreciate your comments and constructive critiques. As you see the flavor of my stories and thoughts, you may decide that you would like to collaborate with your own stories and findings on relationships. If they work and make sense, I will include them and give writing credit where it is due. Thank you for taking your precious time to read and comment.


Best Regards
Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, I am excited to read about relationships from a non pretty, normal guy who likes to eat 21 meals a week... I wish I could eat that much a week, but hey, I'm in college... oh well. dude, you're cool.

Unknown said...

Non pretty?....NON pretty?!!! I have nothing to say about that :P

I can't wait to see more...i am pretty stoked and that is no lie :D